Did you know you have an award-nominated Library service at your fingertips? And best of all it's entirely free to Arden students!
Arden’s Library Service has made the shortlist for the Outstanding Library Team award at the 19th annual Times Higher Education Awards, widely known as “the Oscars of higher education”.
Delivered through our cutting-edge digital-only Library Portal and providing access via links in your learning modules, the Arden Library Service aims to provide full access to 100% of the reading materials you will need to be successful in your studies, saving you time and money as you no longer need to purchase expensive textbooks and journals.
We have a wealth of resources and support available to you that impressed the Times Higher Education panel, including:
- Access to an extensive Digital Library – The Library Portal allows you to access over 35,000 journal titles and thousands of eBooks, as well as a range of academic and industry databases that you can use to research and gain in-depth information on your area of study.
- One-to-one Support and Workshops - Our team of friendly academic skills tutors are here to help if you need some support to get started using the Library, or with other aspects of your academic studies and writing. You can book onto a workshop or a one-to-one session by visiting the Academic Skills area.
- Our Top Tip! Book a place on the Introduction to the Library workshop for a quick overview of the fantastic range of resources available on the Library Portal.
- Academic English Support - If English is not your first language, we have a dedicated team of English Language Lecturers to guide and support you. The English Language hub on the Library Portal provides you with the academic English support and resources that you will need for your studies in one place.
- Our Top Tip! Sign up for the Fundamentals of Academic English module for guidance on the academic English skills needed for university-level study.
The THE Awards takes place next week, so if you see a member of the library team on your travels do wish them luck!
Would you like to be involved in informing what happens next for Arden’s Library Service?
The Library Team will be running focus groups and usability testing in January 2024. If you are interested in taking part in these sessions, you can register your interest by completing this focus group form.
If you have a question about any aspect of the Library Service, you can contact us at:
Library Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Skills Team: email@example.com
English Language Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also follow us on Twitter/X for all the latest Library Service news and updates! @LibraryArden